Did You Know?
- All services at St David’s Hospice are offered completely free of charge
- St David’s admits patients aged 18 and upwards from across North West Wales
- We support the patient and their loved ones
- St David’s Hospice cares for patients with many end of life illnesses including cancer, end stage heart disease and motor neurone disease
- Our Day Care and Inpatient wards have approximately 250 admissions a year
- It currently costs £1.6 million to run the clinical services at St David’s every year
Which areas do St David’s Hospice cover?
Our patch covers all of Anglesey, Gwynedd and Conwy, up to and including Colwyn Bay. The Hospice itself if based on Abbey Road, Llandudno (click here for directions).
What is Palliative Care?
It is total care of the patient including emotional, spiritual and physical care. Palliation is designed to alleviate symptoms when an illness is not curable. Learn more about our care services here.
Is the Hospice similar to a nursing home?
St David’s is not a nursing home and we cannot provide long term care. We are a Specialist Palliative Care Centre providing symptom control, respite care, and care for those at the end of their life.
How can I raise money for St David’s Hospice?
We have a Fundraising Team at the Hospice who will help you plan your own event, or why not join one of the organised events throughout the year? Learn more here.
What if I have a comment or complaint to make about my care?
St David’s Hospice hopes to create an atmosphere where people are not afraid to voice their concerns and to complain if necessary. For concerns regarding clinical issues or patient care, see or write to Mrs Nia Rosser-Hughes, Clinical Services Manager. For concerns regarding Management or Administration, write to the Chief Executive of the Hospice, Mr Alun Davies, St David’s Hospice, Abbey Road, Llandudno, LL30 2EN. If you are not satisfied after taking the above action, then please write to the Chairman of the Board of Directors, who will ensure that your concern/complaint is investigated by the Hospice Complaints Committee. It is our policy to investigate all complaints thoroughly. Contact us here.