Join our volunteering community
St David’s Hospice provides specialist palliative care to adults in North West Wales with life-limiting illnesses, including support to their family and carers.
About this placement
- You will help to provide a friendly and welcoming environment for patients.
- You will be encouraged to spend quality time with patients and support them with activities if required, eg. crosswords, reading, puzzles, crafts, jigsaws, games etc.
- Serving refreshments.
- Assisting nursing staff with serving lunches and evening meals
- Tend to patient’s potted flowers and plants (no cut flowers permitted)
- Undertake tasks as directed by the nursing staff
- Monitoring stock in the ward kitchen and replenishing where required
- Non nursing duties as requested
What skills and personal qualities will I need?
- A good listener and communicator
- A friendly, caring manner and be happy to contribute to the work of a team.
- Full training will be given.
- You will need to observe confidentiality of the Hospice, its patients, staff and volunteers and other statutory regulation e.g. equal opportunities, data protection, food hygiene regulations etc.
How much time will I need to commit?
Shift patterns are:
11am – 1.30pm, 4pm – 6.30pm Mon-Sun
Make it work for you
Volunteering can be as flexible as you are. We have verious roles to suit your availability and skill set, so get in touch and we can find something that’s right for you. Giving up a few hours a week can be really beneficial to you, you’ll meet plenty of new people, learn new skills and have lots of fun whilst supporting your local Hospice.
Telephone – 01492 879058.
Email – email@example.com