Cook – Bank Worker
Location: St David’s Hospice, Llandudno.
Hours: Varied shift pattern between the hours of 7.30am – 6.30pm, 7 days per week
Salary: To be confirmed – dependent on experience
Reportable to: Head Chef
Contract: Zero Hour Contract
Who we are:
St David’s Hospice is a local charity providing hospice care to adult patients across Conwy, Gwynedd and Anglesey. Currently, we have three Hospice sites, a Hospice at Home service alongside 26 retail and café outlets across North Wales.
Integrity and care are at the heart of our culture and will be centric to this role.
What you’ll do:
You will support the existing catering team with the service provision at our main Hospice site. Key to this role is the dignity and respect of our patients in delivering a varied and nutritious menu to our patients, visitors and also members of the public who visit our 34 cover café; Café Dewi.
We are looking for someone who will:
• Participate in the preparation, cooking and serving of main meals, snacks, cakes etc. in accordance with the specified menus.
• Determine quantities to be cooked and size of portions to be served, taking into account diets to meet medical, ethnic and personal needs.
• Ensure that the washing and cleaning of floors, crockery, utensils, work surfaces and other kitchen equipment is carried out as appropriate to ensure that the necessary hygiene and health & safety standards are maintained in the kitchen, dining room and café.
To do the role you’ll need:
• Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering (training will be provided if this has expired)
• Strong food and personal presentation skills
• Good basic baking skills
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
• To be self-motivated and able to use initiative
• An approach that is non-judgmental and empathic
• Flexible approach to working duties
What you will get in return:
• A competitive salary dependent on experience
• No late evening work
• Access to mental health support
• An organisational culture that promotes work life balance
• Enhanced annual leave entitlement
Job reference number is B2022-004
For an informal discussion please contact Sophie Eyre in the HR Department on 01492 879058 extension 313 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 16 April 2022 or as soon as sufficient applications are received.