Donation Centre Assistant
- Location: Holyhead
- Hours: 21 hours per week.
- Salary: £19,016.55 pro rata
- Reportable to: Donation Centre Manager
- Contract: Part time
- Job reference: 2024-010
- Closing date: Friday 1st March 2024, 5pm. (We will review applications as they come in and may close the advert early if enough suitable applications have been received, therefore it is advised that you apply early.)
Who we are:
St David’s Hospice is a local charity, caring for local people, delivering specialist care to adult patients with life-limiting illnesses or those in need of end-of-life care and their families. Every year, this touches the lives of over 1000 people within our local communities from across the counties of Conwy, Gwynedd and Anglesey.
We offer 24-hour care, 365 days a year providing a clinical service alongside emotional, physical and spiritual support. In our Day Therapy Centres, we provide patient care, bereavement, and counselling services, whilst our Inpatient Units in Llandudno and Holyhead offer symptom control, respite, and end of life care. Our patients are at the heart of everything we do.
We have three clinical sites, and a Hospice at Home service, and our café and 15 retail outlets across Northwest Wales, along with all our departments play an important role in supporting our services.
The Hospice is all about people. Integrity and care are at the heart of our culture and will be centric to the role.
What you’ll do:
As a Donation Centre Assistant on the bank list you will not have fixed hours but you will cover holidays and sickness as required, you will assist in receiving goods from the public, identifying and sorting items ready for distribution to the various St David’s Hospice Charity shops. Helping to load and unload stock onto van. You may be required to assist with collections and deliveries on the van from time to time.
You will usually work from one site but should be flexible to work across various locations when needed. This adaptability is key to ensure that the team receives the necessary support.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Have customer service skills
- Have excellent team working skills, whilst also having the ability to work independently
- Be enthusiastic and friendly
- Develop and maintain knowledge and skills relevant to the role
- Embrace change, our vision and values
To do the role you’ll need:
- Experience of providing customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Empathy for the Hospice, and alignment with the charity’s values
What you’ll get in return:
- Job satisfaction and value in making a difference to the local community
- Be part of a friendly and collaborative team
- Free on-site parking
- Discounts from charity partners such as 02, Specsavers and the ‘Blue Light Card’, Ffit Conwy.
- Health Assured membership covering you and your spouse or partner.
- Training and education opportunities.
- Opportunity to be involved in fundraising for the charity.
To arrange an informal discussion please contact Mark Harmon in one of our Donation Centres.
If you would be a good fit for this role, we’d love to hear from you, please apply!
Please note: We are a UK based company and can only accept applications from those already living, and with a legal right to work in the UK.