Job Title: Fundraising Administrator
Location: St David’s Hospice (Llandudno)
Hours: 21 hours (3 days per week) [Flexibility around working hours will be considered for the right candidate]
Fundraising makes a vital contribution to the running costs of St David’s Hospice, and over 86% of our income is generated through community fundraising.
Due to our continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a professional with proven office administration experience to join our Fundraising Team of 10 employees, who are all committed to making a real difference to the lives of others.
As a Fundraising Administrator, you’ll play a key role in providing comprehensive administrative support to the Administration Coordinator, in addition to the wider fundraising and finance teams. You’ll primarily be responsible for ensuring accurate inputting, recording and receipting of fundraising donations on the donor database. Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Maintaining the hospice donor database and managing donor records
- Counting monies, taking credit card payments and processing donations onto the hospice database, recording daily figures for the Finance Team and preparing banking
- Producing thank you letters and responding to emails
- Upkeeping donor records, including marketing and language preferences
- Administering event registrations and ticket sales for hospice events
- Answering the telephone and taking donations from supporters in person
- Administering collecting can rounds and liaising with volunteers to count collecting can donations
- Attending events as required, which will occasionally include weekend and evening work
What will I need in order to be considered for this Fundraising Administrator role?
- Proven administration experience gained within a busy office environment
- Experience of processing monies
- Accurate and timely data entry and typing skills
- Excellent computer literacy skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- A compassionate and caring nature, with a genuine interest in the hospice and the work we do to improve the lives of others
- Willingness to work weekends and evenings when required to attend hospice events
What will I receive in return?
As a Fundraising Administrator, you’ll receive a salary of up to £18,000 (pro rata), level dependent on experience, plus a range of benefits such as 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata), pension scheme, Specsavers vouchers, subsidised canteen, free tea and coffee and free onsite parking.
You’ll be employed on a permanent contract, working 3 days per week, 9am to 5pm. Flexibility around working hours will be considered for the right candidate (for example, if you require shorter working hours over a 5 day period to fit around school hours).
Job description: 2020-004 Fundraising Administrator JOB DESCRIPTION
Personal specification: 2020-004 Fundraising Administrator PERSONAL SPECIFICATION
Application: Please send a cover letter together with your CV to HR@stdavidshospice.org.uk
For further information or to arrange a visit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 12pm on 19th February 2020
Interviews: 26th February 2020