Job Title: Marketing Officer
Hours: 35 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Marketing Officer to join the St David’s Hospice team in one of the most important phases of development in the charities twenty year history.
What will this role of Marketing Officer entail?
Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Manager, as a Marketing Officer you’ll communicate through the medium of both English and Welsh to raise the profile of the Hospice, using corporate branding guidelines and key messages so that St David’s Hospice remains the most recognised charity in North West Wales. Duties will include although not be limited to;
• Communicating to new and existing supporters through digital marketing and enhancing the Hospice’s online presence by designing and managing creative campaigns for social media
• Creating print and online ready artwork for Hospice events and other departments
• Managing the content for all hospice digital and social media channels working with the Marketing and Communications Manager to ensure that messages are consistent across all media channels
• Creating/sourcing images and video to improve open and click through rates
• Creating, designing and developing content for the Hospice website
• Working with the Fundraising team to build creative marketing campaigns for events that create conversions, engagement and sign ups
• Tracking online campaigns, measuring by engagement, conversions, followers and impact
• Using effective templates to create eye-catching E-newsletters
• Increasing traffic to the website by building appropriate relationships and partners; working with all departments and sharing content online
• Utilising a range of analytical tools to track, evaluate and report on all statistics relating to the website including SEO and monitoring the effectiveness of all digital marketing platforms
• Managing the online events and ticketing system and development of E-commerce and an online merchandise shop
What will I need in order to be considered for this Marketing Officer role?
• Proven experience working in a marketing, PR or communications role and managing a successful digital marketing campaign
• Degree qualification in Marketing, Graphic Design or a relevant subject
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Welsh
• Excellent literacy / copywriting skills, with proven ability to write engaging content
• Working knowledge of Adobe suite (or equivalent artwork package), with the ability to create innovative artwork for posters, leaflets, flyers and digital content
• Knowledge of website management software such as WordPress
• Computer literacy skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Powerpoint
• Knowledge of CRM databases and processing personal data
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure, responding to priorities that may change under short notice
What will I receive in return?
As a Marketing Officer, you’ll receive a salary of up to £25,000 level dependent on experience, plus a range of benefits such as 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays, pension scheme, Specsavers vouchers, subsidised canteen, free tea and coffee and free onsite parking.
You’ll be employed on a permanent contract, working 35 hours per week, 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Location: St David’s Hospice, Abbey Road, Llandudno, LL30 2EN (North Wales)
Closing date: Monday 9 March, 9am
Interview Date: Tuesday 17 March 2020