Job Reference: 2022-019
Location: Holyhead & Bangor
Salary: Starting at £32,306
Contract Type: Permanent
Position Type: Part-time – 24 hours per week
Closing Date: Tuesday, May 31, 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Physiotherapist to join our friendly and compassionate team. Due to the expansion of our Hospice we are looking to recruit a Physiotherapist for 24 hours over 3 days a week. This is an integral post covering our Wellbeing/drop-in Centre in Bangor and the satellite unit in Holyhead. We are looking for someone who wants to make a real difference to our community.
Based in Conwy, Gwynedd and Môn, St Davids Hospice provides compassionate care to patients with life-limiting illnesses and support for their family. This is a really exciting time to join St Davids Hospice Team. We are currently growing our care team, moving from a traditional day hospice model to a well-being, drop in centre approach to help us reach and support more people. This post will be instrumental in helping us deliver our vision for the future of St Davids Hospice. We are looking for someone who can join a small team and make a big difference.
Current services include Inpatient beds, Hospice at Home with the introduction of wellbeing /Drop-in centres in Llandudno and Bangor, will include nurse led clinics, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, social worker well-being and complementary therapies. The Physiotherapist role will be instrumental in ensuring that the Hospice meets the demand from its community.
The post holder will:
- Manage a clinical caseload of palliative patients.
- Lead and develop empowering patient focused therapeutic groups both face to face and on-line.
- Work alongside the Allied Health professionals.
- Be an integral part of the Clinical Services Team fully participating to provide high quality, holistic care.
- Deliver quality education in palliative rehabilitation to the wider clinical community.
- Have the ability and understanding of dealing with sensitive patient/carer issues.
- Working 24 hours per week, 3 days. No weekend work is required although staff are encouraged to support our wonderful fundraising events where possible.
- Permanent position
- Reportable to Clinical Service Manager/Matron
What we are looking for:
- The ideal candidate will have experience or a keen interest in working in end-of-life care and up to date knowledge of current palliative care issues is preferred; training and support will be given.
- The successful candidate must hold a Professional Qualification or Degree in Physiotherapy as well as a state registration with a Professional Body.
- They must be a keen team player with good interpersonal and communication skills who believe that working with people in the last years of life is a privilege. In return the successful candidate will join a team who are passionate about providing a wide range of services to support patients and carers, to enable people to remain at home and self-supporting for as long as possible.
- We support continuing contributions to the NHS pension scheme (for existing members) and NEST pension scheme for others
- We offer a package of employee support and development
- Similar benefits to NHS on sick leave and holidays.
- Flexible working opportunities
- Free onsite parking
- Free refreshments.
- Discounts from charity partners such as 02, Specsavers and the ‘Blue Light Card’
St David’s Hospice is a local charity providing hospice care to adult patients across Conwy, Gwynedd and Anglesey. Currently, we have three clinical sites, a Hospice at Home service alongside 26 retail and café outlets across North West Wales.
Further information or to arrange a visit please contact Glenys Sullivan, Matron on 01492 879058.