Reuse Shop Assistant
Location: Mochdre Recycling Centre
Salary: £17,337.54 p.a.
Contract Type: Permanent
Position Type: Full Time – 35 hours per week
- Job Reference: 2022-016
- Closing Date: 24/05/2022
Reuse Assistant roles help you to develop a wide range of skills which you can take with you throughout your career. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join the team at our Mochdre Recycling Centre as Reuse Assistants. You will receive full training and will be supported by experienced, knowledgeable, and friendly managers and team members. If you enjoy a role that builds strong relationships, a role in which you can feel valued in, and knowing you are contributing to the care of patients and their families, then we want to hear from you!
As a reuse assistant you will work closely with Brysons, receiving goods from the public, identifying and pricing items ready to be sold at the St David’s Hospice reuse shop, generating income for the hospice, and saving resaleable goods from landfill.
- 23 days holiday FTE (plus Bank Holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to discounts and offers from the UK’s most popular retailers and service providers
- Working 35 hours per week, 5 days in 7. 9am – 5pm (with one hour lunch break)
- Permanent position
- Reportable to Supervisor/Area Manager
What we are looking for:
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with a proactive approach
- To understand the core needs of recycling and the need to avoid landfill
- A genuine interest in home wear, furniture, second hand and charity retail
- Ability to carry out manual handling tasks
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sales or retail background
- Open and adaptable to change and able to support others through it
- Empathy for the Hospice, and alinement with the charity’s values
- To operate as part of the overall team, willingly carrying out any tasks necessary to ensure the success and smooth running of the centre
- To assist the team to be able to turn goods over quickly by having a strong sales or retail background
- Deliver the best customer service & promote the hospice at every opportunity
- To assist in developing our recycling store and increase revenue
- To assist the team in implementing any changes as required
- To assist the team in generating and encouraging all stock donations from the public. Look for opportunities to generate income within the job role.
- Actively supporting and demonstrating our values through your role
- Ability to follow procedure with particular reference to the Hospice’s Retail Policy contents.
St David’s Hospice is a local charity providing hospice care to adult patients across Conwy, Gwynedd and Anglesey. Currently, we have three clinical sites, a Hospice at Home service alongside 26 retail and café outlets across North West Wales.
Integrity and care are at the heart of our culture and will be centric to the role of the Reuse shop assistant.
We will review applications as they come in and therefore we may close the vacancy before the closing date, so candidates are advised to apply early.
You can help make a real difference and join a much-loved local charity.
To arrange an informal discussion please contact the HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org