Team Leader – Donations Units
Location : Gaerwen & Holyhead
Hours : 35 hours per week. Working 5 out of 7 days, 9am – 5pm (with one hour lunchbreak).
Salary: £17,290 pa
Reportable to: Supervisor/ Warehouse Manager
- Job Reference: 2022-015
- Closing Date: 24/05/2022.
Who we are:
St David’s Hospice is a local charity providing hospice care to adult patients across Conwy, Gwynedd and Anglesey. Currently, we have three clinical sites, a Hospice at Home service alongside 26 retail and café outlets across North West Wales.
Integrity and care are at the heart of our culture and will be centric to the role of the Warehouse shop Team Leader.
What you’ll do:
As a Warehouse Team Leader you will work closely with other members of the unit staff receiving goods from the public, identifying and pricing items ready to be sold at the St David’s Hospice Warehouse shop, generating income for the hospice.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Be able to turn goods over quickly by having a strong sales or retail background
- Deliver the best customer service & promote the hospice at every opportunity
- Develop our warehouse store and increase revenue
- Look for opportunities to generate income within the job role.
- Ability to follow procedure with particular reference to the Hospice’s Retail Policy contents.
To do the role you’ll need:
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Excellent communications skills
- Customer service and / or sales experience
- Experience in displaying goods
- Empathy for the Hospice, and alinement with the charity’s values
What you’ll get in return:
- Job satisfaction and value in making a difference to the local community
- Be part of a friendly and collaborative team
- 23 days holiday, plus bank holidays, with annual leave purchasing available.
- Discounts from charity partners such as 02, Specsavers and the ‘Blue Light Card’
To arrange an informal discussion please contact the HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will review applications as they come in and therefore we may close the vacancy before the closing date, candidates are advised to apply early.