Join our volunteering community
To help to maintain attractive gardens and grounds around the Hospice to welcome patients, volunteers, visitors and staff.
About this placement
- Planting up beds with seasonal bedding and bulbs
- Wedding gravel, patios & pathways
- Winter pruning
- Liaising with your fellow team mates to arrange meet-ups
- Lawn mowing (if preferred)
- Hedge trimming (if preferred)
- Possibly chatting to patients if they are using the patient garden
- Ensure the potting shed is left tidy
What skills and personal qualities will I need?
- You should be in reasonable health
- A basic knowledge of garden maintenance would be an advantage
- You should be able to work as a team
- You will need to observe confidentiality of the Hospice, its patients, staff and volunteers.
How much time will I need to commit?
As much or as little as you like!
The Lawn Rangers manage their own timetable internally via Whatsapp depending on their availability.
Make it work for you
Volunteering can be as flexible as you are. We have verious roles to suit your availability and skill set, so get in touch and we can find something that’s right for you. Giving up a few hours a week can be really beneficial to you, you’ll meet plenty of new people, learn new skills and have lots of fun whilst supporting your local Hospice.
Telephone – 01492 879058.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org