Join our volunteering community
To contribute to the Hospice team by carrying out duties on the main reception desk.
About this placement
The role can vary greatly. Volunteers may be asked to contribute in several ways including:
- Answering the phone
- Greeting visitors as they approach the reception desk
- Inform relevant personnel of visitors
- Processing sales of items in the shop and café
- Ask visitors to sign in and out of the Hospice
- Assist with other departmental admin tasks if required
What skills and personal qualities will I need?
- You will need to have a friendly, caring manner and be happy to contribute to the work of a team.
- After training, able to use a switchboard and till
- You will need to observe confidentiality of the Hospice, its patients, staff and volunteers and other statutory regulation e.g. equal opportunities, data protection, food hygiene regulations etc.
How much time will I need to commit?
Shift patterns are:
10am -1pm and 1pm – 4pm (Monday – Friday)
Make it work for you
Volunteering can be as flexible as you are. We have verious roles to suit your availability and skill set, so get in touch and we can find something that’s right for you. Giving up a few hours a week can be really beneficial to you, you’ll meet plenty of new people, learn new skills and have lots of fun whilst supporting your local Hospice.
Telephone – 01492 879058.
Email – email@example.com