Support our St David’s Hospice Shops
Our Donation Centres are OPEN!
From Monday 22nd June, you will be able to donate and drop off your saleable goods and collectables to the Hospice using our simple telephone booking system in advance.
Our THREE Donation Centres in Mochdre, Llandudno and Gaerwen will be operating a very safe drive-thru system (without the big mac!).
You MUST pre-book a slot by calling your local unit using the following telephone numbers:-
Mochdre – 01492 547836
Llandudno – 01492 877701
Gaerwen – 01248 858610
If you are a UK taxpayer, the Hospice can claim an additional 25% of the value of your donated goods once they are sold to further your help of the hospice in these crucial times. All you need to do is fill in and sign a simple retail gift aid form upon arrival. Alternatively, you can download a form and bring it with you to hand in with your donated goods.
The Do’s and Don’ts
- Pre book your slot by telephone only. We do not have the capacity to book slots in any other way except the telephone number above.
- Take bulky items such as large furniture or sofas to Mochdre & Gaerwen and not Llandudno. We may also be able to arrange a pick-up service but this may take some time
- Sign up to our retail gift aid scheme by downloading a form, printing it off and bringing it with you or by signing up when you arrive for your slot.
- Respect our staff and volunteers, they’re working really hard to make this work under extremely difficult circumstances
- Keep safe and obey the traffic system
- Have a look at our online shop to see what new items you can buy to support the Hospice including our world famous Great Orme Goat merchandise range!
- Turn up without booking a slot. You will be turned away and it will be a horrible experience for everyone.
- Bring unsaleable goods which need to go to a recycle centre, again we will have to turn you away and it will be a horrible experience for everyone. Please see the list below of items we cannot accept.
We CAN accept
- Books, games and DVD’s
- Toys with CE labels
- Electrical items
- Furniture with fire resistant labels
- Garden items
- Saleable rags
We CANNOT accept
(under any circumstances)
- Beds & Mattresses
- Car Seats – Children’s
- Care Items – Used (i.e. Foot Spa)
- Cassette/Video Tapes
- Coat Hangers
- Computer Keyboards Or Monitors
- Computer Monitors
- Crash Helmets
- Crockery/Glasses Odd – Incomplete Sets
- Cushions Without Fire Safety Label
- Duvets & Pillows
- Games – Incomplete
- Magazines & Part Works
- Prams – soiled & rusty
- Rugs – Dirty
- Suitcases – Medium & Large
- Safety Devices
- Toys – Broken
- Tv Cabinets
- Video Players
Donation Centre locations:
Unit 1C, Quinton Hazell Enterprise Parc, Glan y Wern Rd Mochdre, Colwyn Bay LL28 5BS
Unit 8, Roger Mostyn Court, Builder St, Llandudno LL30 1DR
Unit 14, Gaerwen Industrial Estate, Anglesey, LL60 6HR
Don’t forget – Please Gift Aid your donation
What is Gift Aid?
Gift Aid is a scheme that allows charities to reclaim tax on a donation made by a UK taxpayer, which means your donations will be worth 25% more to us at no extra cost to you. If you Gift Aid your donations we can claim back from the government 25p for every £1 you donate to the St David’s Hospice.
How to Gift Aid your donations?
Download a Gift Aid Declaration Form, print and complete. Please hand it in the form with your donated items.
Then we can increase the value of your donations, at no extra cost to you.