A future gift for your local Hospice will go a long way…
Whatever your age, an up to date, professionally written Will is incredibly important. It is the only way to ensure that your wishes are carried out after you die and that your family, friends and causes close to your heart, such as St David’s Hospice, are provided for in the way you intend.
Leaving a legacy to St David’s Hospice simply involves adding a short paragraph (clause) to your Will, and we would always suggest that you use a qualified solicitor to ensure the Will is interpreted in the way you want. It is also extremely important to keep your Will up to date, to make sure your wishes reflect any major changes in your life, such as getting married or having a child.
A common misconception is that a legacy has to be an enormous sum of money, this is not true. We understand that family and friends are most likely to come first in your thoughts; however, if you do decide to leave a gift in your Will to St David’s Hospice, big or small, you will be helping others and will leave a lasting reminder of your support for our work.
Did You Know?
We tailor our care to meet the individual needs of every patient, helping them to live as actively and as comfortably as possible from diagnosis to the end of their lives, for however long that may be.
- We not only support our patients, but also their families and carers.
- Our services are provided free of charge, but are not without cost. It currently costs over £3million a year to run the services at St David’s.
- As a charity, St David’s Hospice relies on the generosity of the communities we serve across North West Wales to raise over 86% of the income.
- As many as 1 in 3 patients at St David’s Hospice are cared for thanks to gifts in wills.
Without your support, we simply would not be able to continue our vital work.
- Whether you leave us a percentage of your estate or a cash sum, every gift means so much to the patients, their families and carers.
Gifts in Wills are an incredibly important source of income for St David’s Hospice, which provides specialist end of life care to people living in North West Wales.
St David’s Hospice must raise over £3 million each year to continue its work and legacies enable the charity to plan for the future and help patients with life-limiting illnesses for many years to come.
If you would like to see first hand the work that we do or you would like more information about leaving a gift in your will, please contact Margaret Hollings on (01492) 879058.