Van Driver's Mate
We urgently need your help at these locations-
- Holyhead Donation Centre
- Mochdre Donation Centre
Join our volunteering community
St David’s Hospice has a network of shops across North West Wales, selling good quality second hand clothing, bric a brac and furniture. Although we are a charity, we run our shops like the businesses they are. The success of our shops is a result of the invaluable help and support we get from volunteers, who work closely with the shop managers.
From our Donation Centre’s located in Mochdre and Holyhead, we sort and distribute all donations of stock to our Hospice shops across the region.
About this placement
- Support the van driver to collect from and deliver to retail stores
- Ensure the safe transportation of goods to and from the retail stores
- Ensure stock is loaded and unloaded safely complying with health and safety guidelines
- Carry out house clearances in order to raise vital funds
What skills and personal qualities will I need?
- You will need to be in good physical health
- You will need good communication skills
- You will need to have a friendly, caring manner and be happy to contribute to the work of a team
How much time will I need to commit?
Morning and/or afternoon shifts Monday – Friday
Make it work for you
Volunteering can be as flexible as you are. We have verious roles to suit your availability and skill set, so get in touch and we can find something that’s right for you. Giving up a few hours a week can be really beneficial to you, you’ll meet plenty of new people, learn new skills and have lots of fun whilst supporting your local Hospice.
Telephone – 01492 879058.
Email – email@example.com
Minimum age 16
On the road
Based in either of these two locations –
Holyhead donation centre
22a Penrhos Industrial Estate
Llandudno Junction donation centre
44 Cae’r Llynen