Driver’s Mate – Based in Mochdre, Holyhead or Gaerwen.
St David’s Hospice has a network of shops across North West Wales, selling good quality second hand clothing, bric a brac and furniture. Although we are a charity, we run our shops like the businesses they are. The success of our shops is a result of the invaluable help and support we get from volunteers, who work closely with the shop team leaders.
From our three Donation Centres we sort and distribute all donations of stock to our Hospice shops across the region.
What will I be doing?
- Support our van driver to collect from and deliver to retail stores
- Support our driver to ensure the safe transportation of goods to and from the retail stores
- Ensure stock is loaded and unloaded safely complying with health and safety guidelines.
What skills and personal qualities will I need?
- For insurance purposes, you will need to be aged 25 or over and have held a full unrestricted UK driving licence.
- Good communication skills.
- You will need to have a friendly, caring manner and be happy to contribute to the work of a team.
How much time will I need to commit?
Morning or afternoon shifts Monday – Friday
Where will I be based?
Based from Donation Centre in either Mochdre, Gaerwen or Holyhead
How to apply:
- Online: https://www.stdavidshospice.org.uk/support-us/volunteering/volunteer-application/
- Call: 01492 879058.
- Email: email@example.com