Make your donation go further with gift aid!
Did you know that you could add an extra 25% to each donation?
Gift Aid is a scheme which allows charities such as St David’s Hospice to reclaim basic rate tax paid on any money donated to them by UK tax-payers.
Gift Aid allows us to claim 25p for every £1 that you donate, including your donated items!
In 2022 you donated an additional £34,700
through Retail Gift Aid
How to sign up for Gift Aid
You can sign up to Gift Aid –
- By post: Download and complete a Gift Aid declaration form and send it to:
St David’s Hospice, Abbey Road, Llandudno, LL30 2EN
- By phone: 01492 879058
- In store: If donating goods, our staff will help you to complete a Gift Aid declaration in store.
You must be the following to be eligible-
- a UK taxpayer
- the tax you pay that year is at least equal to your donations to charity
You can Gift Aid donations if you pay income tax or capital gains tax, as long as you’ve paid enough tax during the year to cover the amount we are reclaiming on your donations.
If you live on your pension alone and don’t pay tax, you will not be eligible.
Higher rate taxpayer
If you pay a higher rate of tax (40% or above), you can claim the difference between the higher and basic rate on the total value of your donation.
To receive the additional tax relief you must:
Gift Aid can be claimed on donated items and money provided they are gifts. As a UK taxpayer, you can claim as an individual on:
- one-off or monthly cash donations
- goods donated to our charity shops
- personal donations made in celebration or memory
- donations to sponsored events